You can’t go wrong with Google Analytics.
Surprisingly enough, it seems a lot of people a web site do not use Google Analytics. We will do our best to get the word out. Let’s face it Google can do a lot for your web site. Google Analytics is a free offering; an amazing tool that tells you information on your website traffic.
It’s important to know the traffic that come to your website, whether you are a one person show or running a company. Let’s take a quick look at what it offers you.
- How many visitors you have received.
- Whether the number of visitors have increased or decreased. You set the time frame for this and it will advise you.
- What your bounce rate is.
- Which sites refer people to your site.
- Where web traffic is coming from.
- Which keywords your site is getting traffic from. This will help those for SEO purposes.
- How long people stay on your site.
This information can be very valuable to you as a Search Engine Optimization company or even if you are not. It can help with many different things such as website design and improvements. Planning on site content whether to add or delete something. There is so much that can be gained from the above information. Let’s take a look at a few different things you can do:
- Use the information to strategize and to find out which web site is doing better so you can plan a course of action for your website.
- Look for areas that need improvement. This is always important to do and needed as well. It’s not always a sign that things are going wrong it’s just sometimes things become stagnate. This information gives you a chance to change this and have fresh material on your website.
- If you have a Google Ad words ppc campaign then there is a whole section dedicated to this as well. If not you may want to see if this program will work for you. This will help you generate more leads quicker than organic optimization, but much cheaper in the long run.
- Find out which pages have the highest conversion rates for sales.
- Determine what people entering your site want and figure out how to give it to them.
There are many ways to use the Google reports in your favor. What is clear is the benefits of Google Analytics. If you need help reading the information or any additional information, please contact the VBL staff.